Here comes the Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) with all new and added specifications. It’s a small speaker with inbuilt Alexa’s voice, obviously and is a much better version than the older Echo Dots. First of all, gone is the plastic sides, as this Echo Dot has more rounded and aesthetic fabric edges. This device has a standard 3.5 mm analogue socket, so that you can even connect it to a stereo. There are volume buttons, action button and the microphone mute button, something which not only is handy, but also useful.
Lets check the specifications:
- Design: This Echo Dot’s design is sleeker than the others, and far better, of course. It is available in basic but different colors – Black, Grey and white. A set of buttons goes on the top, with different actions. An LED Light ring runs around the top’s surface. It is 43x99x99mm in dimensions – a little larger than the old one, but it still can be placed anywhere you want.
- Alexa: Alexa was known to answering basic questions, set alarms, reminders, timers and what not. This Alexa does the same, but a lot better – she will also give you news headlines, make to-do lists, give you quite an accurate weather forecast too! Alexa can also do a lot of other, additional and advanced skills, so really, it’s a worthy purchase.
- Sound Quality: The 3rd gen model beats the earlier version, especially in the sound quality. This new one comes with a 1.6in speaker. It delivers a fuller mid-range. What’s more, there’s even a touch of bass. Even Alexa’s voice is much better, and the music is more pleasant and certainly tolerable.
- 5mm output: Gone is the USB port, as 3.5mm audio output replaces it on the rear. You can hook the Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) with your stereo. The experience would be powerful and surrounding. Two Echo Dots can be paired, with this feature – you can have your proper music system made for you in mere seconds.
- Bluetooth: If you still want to connect your Echo Dot with your phone – then Bluetooth comes to the rescue! You can connect Bluetooth of your phone to your Dot and have your own DJ party at home.
- Better control: As compared to other Echo Dots, and other similar devices by other companies, this offers a lot better control. You can even call or message anyone who has an Echo device or the Alexa App, handsfree and it will accurately call and message that person. It protects your privacy and gives free control to you – what more is that we want?
- Smart Home: Amazon has worked a lot on this particular device. As it keeps adding new smart home partners, rarely would there be a device that is not compatible with Alexa. Thermostats, lights locks, plugs, switches, cameras and what not – all of this can be controlled via Alexa. Smart Home control is something that Echo Dots are quite experienced in – it will make controlling your Smart Home even easier.
- Access to millions of songs: You can now stream audio through Amazon music, Deezer, SiriusXM, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn and iHeartRadio. Quite an intriguing choice, don’t you think?
- LED Light ring: LED Light ring is not something new, but it is not to be neglected. It lights up more brightly when you speak, ‘Alexa’ – which is better than other similar devices of other companies. It stays red when the mute button is activated; otherwise it is just blue.
- Easy to use: As seen in its many features, Echo Dot (3rd gen) is very much easy to use. The features are easy to understand, and it is user-friendly, meaning anyone can handle it. The only thing is that you need to keep it plugged in all the time, as it doesn’t have battery backup, but that’s a inconsequential thing, as compared to the heaps of features it offers to you.
We can hardly resist it, if someone tells you the features and asks you to Buy Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen). And as we are sure, you can’t too – it’s totally worthy.